Bee pollen is a substance packed by bees into pellets as food for the queen bee. According to numerous chemical analyses, bee pollen shows diverse nutritional content including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, bioflavonoids, carotenoids, and protein. Due to its high nutritional content, bee pollen is taken for numerous reasons. People ingest bee pollen for weight loss, energy boost, and performance and memory enhancement, to name a few.
Bee Pollen for Weight Loss
Bee pollen helps boost metabolic activity and regulate hormones. This superfood contains amino acids that aid your metabolism by dissolving fat cells in the body. Here are some of the benefits of bee pollen for weight loss:
- Bee pollen makes you feel full and suppresses appetite.
- It contains amino acids that increase your body’s metabolic rate.
- Bee pollen granules help flush and dissolve fat cells in the body.
- It also helps absorb fat from dietary fat.
- Bee pollen contains lecithin which gives you energy. This nutrient also helps your body burn more calories.
How to Use Bee Pollen for Weight Loss
Bee pollen can be taken in many forms such as granules, capsule, and even topically. Bee pollen granules are the most versatile and most natural form of pollen (for example check out stakich bee pollen granules). Here’s how to add bee pollen granules in your diet for weight loss:
- Sprinkle bee pollen granules on your toast or cereal.
- Add granules to your favorite morning drink or smoothie.
- Try this recipe: 1 tbsp. bee pollen granules + lemon juice + honey + cinnamon + cayenne pepper
- Take 1 tbsp. of bee pollen granules daily.
Other Tips to Lose Weight with Bee Pollen
Adding bee pollen to your diet is not enough to lose weight. While bee pollen can help speed up weight loss, there are other things that you must do to achieve your fitness goals. Here are some tips to lose weight with bee pollen:
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise while taking bee pollen for weight loss.
- Avoid sugary and fatty foods.
- Store your bee pollen supplement in the refrigerator to extend shelf life. Heat breaks down essential nutrients in your supplement.
- Bee pollen for weight loss can be bought in stores or online.
Precautionary Measures When Taking Bee Pollen for Weight Loss
- Test whether you have an allergic reaction to bee pollen by dissolving one granule under your tongue.
- As with other supplements, always start small. Start by consuming one granule a day and gradually increase dosage until you are comfortable with consuming 1 tbsp. of granules in your diet.
- If you are under medication, always consult your doctor before consuming another supplement. Bee pollen may cause allergic reaction when mixed with other medications.
- Always make sure that your bee pollen supplements are registered with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Check the label and see if it meets the standards set by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Buy natural bee pollen granules with no additives. The FDA recalled Classic Zi Xiu Tang Bee Pollen, a supplement marketed for weight loss, because it contains Sibutramine and Sibutramine and Phenolphthalein are weight-loss drugs that are pulled out from the U.S. because they may increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Natural bee pollen for weight loss can be bought in stores or online. Check out our Best 3 Bee Pollen Supplements for Every Budget.
Let us know if you have any tips in the comments!